Stucco siding has been a popular siding choice across arid climates and the American Southwest for centuries. But it’s not just for desert homes! Stucco can be used on homes and businesses around the world. This post will cover a few of the reasons why you should choose stucco siding in Bluffton, SC:
- Durability: As long as it’s installed by a reputable contractor, your stucco siding can last for up to 50 years. That said, you should hire a contractor to perform inspections every few years to ensure everything is still up to par.
- Color retention: In addition to lasting decades without crumbling or falling apart, you can count on your stucco to retain its color for years. However, you’re able to repaint your stucco at any time, so there’s no need to worry about getting tied down to a single color.
- Maintenance: Unlike wood siding, which requires staining every few years, stucco is relatively maintenance free. Along with hiring a pro to perform an inspection, all you’ll really need to do is clear leaves off the surface and ensure there are no leaks.
- Installation: Unless they have industry experience, homeowners shouldn’t try to install stucco siding themselves, but it’s nice to know that the process is relatively quick and easy. You won’t have contractors laboring on your property for weeks working on your siding if you choose stucco.
- Insulation: Another reason why you should choose stucco siding in Bluffton, SC is because of its natural insulation properties. Stucco helps keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer on cold days. In addition to being more comfortable, the added insulation will slash your heating and cooling costs.
- Value adding: Because of all the reasons mentioned above, stucco adds a ton of resale value to your home. When it’s time to sell your house, you could recoup your entire siding investment if you go with stucco over other siding materials.
Things to look for in a stucco contractor
As we mentioned above, stucco installation isn’t a DIY job, but you don’t want to hire the first contractor you find online, either. These are a few of the top things to look for in a quality contractor:
- Installation process: Stucco can either be applied as a three-coat or one-coat process. The three-coat method is more expensive, but it’s longer lasting. Ensure your contractor offers both installation options.
- Materials used: Using low-quality materials is another way some contractors will cut costs. Your chosen contractor should only use the best materials, as they’ll last longer and look better.
- Services offered: If the contractor in question only provides installation services, we say you should look elsewhere. In addition to installing the stucco, your chosen contractor should also perform maintenance, repair and replacement services.
Install your new siding today
For a company that checks all of the boxes above, look no further than Spring Construction! Call us today to learn more about why you should choose stucco siding in Bluffton, SC or to get a quote for stucco installation or repair.
Categorised in: Stucco