Stucco is a great option for builders and homeowners looking for beautiful aesthetics coupled with resilience and durability. This type of finish can allow your home to blend in with your neighborhood while still standing out as unique in its own way.
How is this possible? Well, even if most homes or businesses in your neighborhood have stucco finishes, they likely do not have the same texture or color. There are several different texture options available with stucco, and that flexibility is part of what makes it such a popular siding material. Here are some stucco texture options for your home or business in Bluffton, SC.
Stucco texture options
With so many stucco texture options to choose from, sometimes it can be difficult to make that final decision. Here are some of the options that may be available to you, along with some of their key features:
- Cat face texture: This is one of the most appealing stucco textures. It is made up of rough patches surrounded by smoother surfaces. This can be made with traditional or synthetic stucco. Visually, the overall effect will vary depending on the spacing of the rough patches.
- Lace and skip: This is probably the image you have in your head when thinking about stucco siding. It’s great for hiding problem areas and works for both commercial and residential buildings. There are many ways this type of finish can be applied, offering a great variety of subtle difference in appearance of the final product. It is applied in two coats, either by hand or sprayed on, and finished with a trowel.
- Dash finish: This is a budget-friendly option that allows for fine, medium or heavy patterns. It is often sprayed on, using air pressure to create natural variances in the finish. It can be patched easily as needed.
- Smooth finish: This is a difficult texture to achieve with stucco, but when done well the result is a flawless, flat surface that is easy to color and easy to clean. This requires synthetic or acrylic stucco, but can also be achieved with a fine cement base stucco. It can be more difficult to repair than other textures.
- Santa Barbara: This gives a similar texture to a smooth finish, but more closely resembles a classic adobe style. It used special sand particles to achieve this look, but appears smooth when finished. Like a smooth finish, however, it is more difficult to repair than other textures.
- Sand/float: This is a popular option for commercial buildings. It can be tailored to give a variety of appearances, from airy to dense. It is versatile and easy to patch.
See it in person
While these descriptions may be a good starting point, ultimately it is best to see stucco textures in person to decide what is best for you. Contact Spring Construction today to find the best stucco texture options for your home or business in Bluffton, SC. We’d be glad to tell you more about the various options available and help you make your selection.
Categorised in: Stucco