If your home has stucco finishing on its exterior, it’s important to know a bit about the material so you can keep it in good condition for a long period of time. The good news is that there are a lot of advantages of stucco siding in Bluffton, SC, including long-term durability, but as with any other type of siding, the color and condition can deteriorate over time.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the benefits of adding stucco to a home for long-term protection:
- Protect against moisture: One of the biggest benefits is that stucco helps to seal out moisture and keep it away from some of the structural components of your home. After a rainfall, stucco absorbs some of the water and will appear darker until it fully dries out. But if you paint it, it will seal against even that water absorption, which will make for a near-impenetrable layer over the structural elements of your home. The ability to shield against moisture also makes it resistant to forms of decay, including mildew and mold.
- Impressive appearance: There’s no denying the fact that stucco simply looks beautiful. The heavy textures, the natural appearance and the various texture options all allow you to customize your home and add a stately elegance to its exterior that will really amp up your curb appeal. Textures can include coarse, raked, smooth, swirled or pebbled, and you can further customize the appearance by adding dyes into the mix so you can create colors that will complement the rest of your property.
- Increased home value: The improved curb appeal is just one of the factors that will lead to an increased home value. The durability of that exterior shell, combined with other benefits like energy efficiency, low maintenance needs and water resistance all improve the value of your home, which means adding stucco to a home can be a job with some excellent return on investment if you eventually decide to sell the home.
- Energy efficiency: Speaking of energy efficiency, it is important to note the increased efficiency you can get from using stucco. Stucco helps you insulate the home, making it easier for you to maintain your desired interior temperature. This will reduce your heating bills in the winter and your cooling bills in the summer, because your HVAC system will not have to work as hard to keep the temperature you’ve set on your thermostat.
- Outstanding durability: You can expect a stucco surface to last for a long time, as it’s one of the most durable siding options you’ll find. Stucco frequently lasts 50 years or more, largely due to its ability to expand and contract with changes in temperature. This reduces risks of cracking or crumbling.
- Relatively easy installation: Stucco siding is a relatively quick and efficient installation process that might only take a few days to complete, including the drying time. This means you don’t have to worry about a lot of disruption to your everyday routine.
For more information about the advantages of stucco siding in Bluffton, SC, contact the stucco contractors at Spring Construction today.
Categorised in: Stucco