If you own a home with a stucco coating, you’re probably enjoying its unique and attractive aesthetic. Beyond that, this is a durable and long-lasting material that will withstand whatever Mother Nature throws at it. Of course, over time the color can fade, like any other house siding.
You may be considering painting the stucco, which is a smart decision when executed properly. Whenever you’re looking to improve your home’s siding, it’s best to bring in an expert stucco company in Bluffton, SC. Read on to discover the benefits of painting stucco siding.
- Fills in cracks: If you have an issue with hairline cracks in your home’s stucco siding, painting is a quick fix for this issue. When homeowners choose not to address hairline cracks, they can easily become larger over time, requiring costly repairs. Professional painters will apply caulk or masonry patching before they begin painting. This will enhance the durability of the stucco coating and stop cracks from spreading.
- Blocks moisture: Stucco does absorb some water following precipitation, causing it to become darker. But when you paint stucco, it effectively seals out all moisture. This will make it easy for the color to remain consistent no matter what the weather is. This simple step will help the stucco coating remain attractive in appearance for the long term.
- Blocks sun’s rays: South Carolina summers can be long, hot, and sunny. Those UV rays damage the exterior stucco over the long run, leading to cracks and fading. However, painting helps keep the walls protected by deflecting those harmful UV rays.
- Reduces stains: You may have noticed some water stains and rust forming vertical lines on the stucco, especially under window frames. Here again, painting stucco effectively blocks and covers up these stains. A professional paint job means you won’t have to worry about stains on your home’s stucco.
- Improves property value: All of this adds up to additional curb appeal. By painting the stucco exterior, your home will look beautiful for years to come. Painting also enhances durability and smooths out issues like staining, meaning you can expect to see a boost in the property’s value. Whether you’re planning on selling the home or enjoying it for years to come, painting stucco coating is a wise move.
When you’re looking for a professional stucco company in Bluffton, SC, then Spring Construction should be your number one choice. Since 2005, Spring Construction has been a locally owned stucco contractor providing Beaufort County, South Carolina with outstanding service. We specialize in stucco installation on new construction as well as repairs on existing homes or buildings.
We’re known throughout the region as the stucco specialists. That’s because our team of expert technicians has completed stucco repairs and installation of all sizes on homes and commercial buildings. We are also proud members of the Hilton Head Home Builders Association. Call us right now to learn more about how we can help you and request a free estimate!
Categorised in: Stucco